Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in maintaining an erection, had hernia surgery in the past. How can I correct it?

I can t relieve my sexual frustration through masturbation due to inability to maintain an erection as a result of hernia surgert several years ago (I believe) How can I now obtain an erection to obtain some relief from my (and my female partners) (I can t maintain the interest of a partner and continue to lose them as a result)
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Erectile dysfunction ( ED ) is characterized by a persistent and recurring inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse. 
Previously it was thought that only psychological issues were responsible for ED but now various physical causes have been discovered like diabetes,hypertension,obesity etc.Although these disorders are mostly found in older men,it is possible that young men may have these issues and they must rule out these causes

PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSES are the most important causes for ED in young age.

In healthy men under 35 and especially those  with no preexisting illness or drug issues--erectile dysfunction is comparatively rare and more likely to have psychological causes. For many young men, performance anxiety plays a large role in erectile dysfunction. Other factors include money and work problems as well as relationship issues and even issues about sexual orientation. On a more serious level, undiagnosed depression and post-traumatic stress disorder can also cause erectile dysfunction--especially if the PTSD is related to a past sexual experience.

Treatment for you lies in regular exercises,quitting of smoking and alcohol,if taking,yoga,meditation,deep breathing exercises and reduction of weight.
You try these methods for at least 6 to 8 weeks and see the difference yourself however if you feel that you are not getting desired results,you should consult a urologist and try to find the cause and treatment of your problem
Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor