Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in conceiving. Enlarged and anteverted uterus. Can this be cured by surgery?

hello doctors, I am married for five years, but i still have difficulty in getting pregnant. First my OB discover my enlarge uterus that ended up to surgery. Second, i have anteverted uterus. Is my surgery can affect? because my uterus is altered. Or my position of my uterus or maybe the stress because were both working and busy.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.

You mention that you had undergone a surgery for an enlarged uterus. Kindly calrify which surgery was done. Was it removal of fibroids?

Regarding anteverted uterus: This is the normal position of uterus and all uteruses are normally anteverted [ flexed in the anterior direction at the cervix]. So it does not need any treatment. It is normal.

I suggest that you consult an infertility specialist and discuss all these issues, get a complete examination, ovulation study, test to detect blocked tubes and husbands semen analysis and then decide about further treatment.

Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Sat, 29 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor