Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Diet for a diabetic obese person who always suffers from stomach pain

my husband always sufffer from stomach pain ,he is 29 years old hiks wt is 90 kgs and always feel illness ,he dont take much diet but also his wt is put on and he has diabetes also ,can u suggest me what diet he should take and also suggest for etc things for fitness.                                             thank u

Asked On : Wed, 17 Feb 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  284
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Consult a dietician and a diabetologist for his condition.

Answered: Thu, 18 Feb 2010
Dietitian & Nutritionist Grace Abraham's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic

As your husband is a diabetic, he should be carefull about his diet and monitor his blood sugar levels regularly.The main objectives of a diabetic diet are to maintain adequate nutrition, maintain desirable body weight,maintain normal blood sugar levels,amount and the time of food intake and the most important one is No fasting or No feasting.Here is a list of foods which are restricted, allowed in the diet.

Foods to be avoided: Glucose, sugar, honey, all sweets, chocolates, ice creams and candies.

Foods to be restricted: Vegetables like Potatoes, yam, arbi, sweet potatoes; fruits like mango, bananas, sapota, seethaphal, and avocado .Alcoholic beverages, carbonated beverages ,fried foods ,Dry fruits and nuts, salad dressings like mayonnaise, cream ,etc, cakes and pastries, Tender coconut water, Refined flours, Papad, Pickle, soda bicarbonate, MSG, sauces, Ketchups.

Foods to be used freely: Green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, cucumber. Radish, carrot, homemade soups. Tea, Coffee without sugar,and skimmed milk, buttermilk. Whole wheat flour, Ragi, Corn flakes, Wheat flakes. Artificial sweeteners not more than 4 numbers/pellets per day. Use Low sodium salt only.

Go in for a complete blood sugar examination which includes FBS, PPBS or for an HbA1c test (which will give more accurate range of blood sugar control for the past 3 months). Make sure to test the blood sugar levels at least once a month to assess sugar control and monitor treatment.Consult a Diabetologist for further management. Look out for warning signs: Fever, recurrent infections, sudden weight loss, paresthesia (numbness and tingling in palms and soles), dental problems, blurred vision, cholesterol levels, and sudden weakness of one side of face or body.

Answered: Thu, 20 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor