Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with scoliosis, stopped taking injections in spine, now pains in left hip and right shoulder. How to get rid of it ?

I am 51 years old and was diagnosed with scoliosis at the age of 16. I have went threw injections in my spine serval times it would work for about a week.So I stopped, now pain wakes me up at night in my back and new systems pain in left hip and pain in right shoulder . Last time I went to back doctor I had a 45 degree curvature,What can I do to get out of this pain and is hip and shoulder pain related? I am currently not on pain killers.Also had history of blood clot that led into DVT & PE. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for the query. Scoiliosis curve is in the upper back or lower back? hip pain...... does it worsen when you move your hip in and out? if its a buttock pain then it could be due to nerve pinching. Shoulder pain not related to hip or low back. However neck problem can give rise to shoulder pain. Initial treatment is pain medicine and physiotherapy. need to see your Xray. do you have a compensatory scoliosis curve? Need complete work up like Xray and mri of the spine. Need to establish the pain generator before doing any intervention. if possible get back with above information to tell you more about pain source. Thanks.
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

  Anonymous's Response
Hello: I suggest that you first check with your general care provider for an exam, your physician should conduct a thorough exam and probably order an ultrasound or x-rays. If he gives you a prognosis of a muscular or spinal condition, I suggest that you discuss with your physician the option of referring to a chiropractor, physical therapist or even a licensed massage therapist. A chiropractor and physical therapist can work with you in your underlying area of your scoliosis. Seeking a pain management physician may be an option, if you want to go that route? Be well, feel better.
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor