Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia. Changed HRT to progesterone. Will HCG drops hamper treatment?

I have recently been diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia (EH). I ve changed my HRT and decided to treat this condition with 200mg of Progesterone, daily and no estrogen for a 3 month period, with re-testing at that time. I would like to start HCG drops in order to lose weight. Am I compromising the treatment for my EH? Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  206
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, welcome to HCM, I am Dr Das.
Firstly, endometrial hyperplasia is a premalignant condition.
Take it seriously. It can lead to endometrial carcinoma if left untreated.
You did not tell your age. As you are on HRT, then you must be post menopausal.
Consult with your gynaecologist for surgical removal of uterus.
Answered: Mon, 5 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor