Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with cyst and fibroid. Should take cabgolin or promolute?

good morning doctor'
I AM 44yrs old lady and last 6 months i am suffering from irregular in the scaning reports shows asmall cyst and one fibroid. the doctor adv. me to take Tab cabgolin .25 mg bd and Tab femilon'21 days of cyclie for 6 months and another doctor told me to take tab promolute for 3 months now iam cofused which tab i have to go for doctor can you help me
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
hi reena..iam dr.x..did u had any other complaints other than irregular periods,like dub(excessive bleding(dub),amenorrhoea,pain abd,)size of ov.cyst and fibroid size..did not you get relief from cabgolin and femilon,or did experience any side effects..
cabgolin is dopamin agonist acts against prolactin,,,mainly used for hyperprolactinemias,parkinsons,uterine fibroids,amennorrhoea due to hyperprolactin levels in the body..femilon may help regularise ur periods if problem is harmonal imbalance...
primolut n useful for irregular periods and dub..
so all these drugs are useful,they have their limitations and side effects ,,,
consult your gynaecologist ,let them know ur problems,blood invg.harmone levels,usg abdomen...and decide what is best for u with least side effects..
best wishes...
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor