Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with colon TB. Is it contagious? Enlarged liver, lymph nodes in abdomen. Diet to follow?

I have been diagnosed with colon tb, im 29 yeras old female. firstly i want to know if it is contagious or not? my medical tests shows mildly enlarged liver and lymph nodes in upper abdomen . I do night shifts, should i leave my job beacuse it will effect on the timings of prescribed medication. what kind of diet should benefit me? please advice. ur reply is awaited.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  176
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
hi. abdominal TB is not usually contagious. u should get a chest x-ray and sputum examination done to rule out active pulmonary TB, or consult a chest & TB physician. enlarged lymphnodes are common in TB. there is a risk of perforation of gut from ulcers in small intestine. so u should avoid constipation and at the same time the diet should not be very high in fiber that will create high intra-luminal pressure in gut. so as to if u have deranged liver function tests the diet should be low in fat and protein. i do't think job will affect the timing of medication. u can take medication while on duty also. but the treatment should be regular for at least 6 months. the disease causes weakness in body, so have high energy diet and avoid hard work till recovery.
get well soon.
Answered: Mon, 12 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor