Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with cardiomegaly. On crestor, cardicor and ecotrin. Elevated BP levels. History of heart diseases. How to get a stable BP?

Hi Dr. Gopi I am Ramela Reddy, 51 yrs old. Last year August I was Diagnosed with cardiomegaly measuring 15/27,I did have a 50% blockage at the time.On medication Crestor, cardicor2.5mg, ecotrin .since June blood pressure rose to 230/105 luckily no damage I am good.However my Bp levels seems be to 150/100 most days I have been placed with another tablet called Ramiwin2.5mg and it is three days and feel quite ill.I am worried as the Diastolic is high above 100.I am very healthy as I do not have cholesterol and not diabetic , I am a vegetarian my weight is 63kgs my height is 1.6m.My died passed away with an heart attack so it is in the genes.All tests were done during my hospitalization 25 urine specimen test, angiogram and bloods .Need to know why does my BP sike so badly and my immune systems seems to hit rock bottom.thank you
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Diabetologist 's  Response
Aug 2012
Dear Ramela Reddy,

As you said correctly, you are an 'at risk' individual for cardiovascular disease one because you have high blood pressure and two because you have family history of CAD. The anti hypertensive medications (given for blood pressure control) are not enough for you for optimum blood pressure control. So high BP is just because you are not treated optimally. Go to a good physician or a Cardiologist, to get your doses titrated. they might also add another good antihypertensives for you. Please do not go on your symptoms that in spite of high BP you are feeling better, as you need to treat the blood pressure to avoid any untoward event. When you say your immunity is low, does that mean you get skin infections, cough/ cold, urinary tract infections quite often? if so then first get general blood work up done i.e. Hb, Total Count, Differential Count, ESR and urine routine and microscopy tests. Wish you good luck.
Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor