Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with bulky uterus with myoma also having thyroid

my sister is 39 years old and had two caessarions with the family planning done immediately along with the second delivery five years back. she may be 4.6 feet and weighing around 55 kgs. she also has thyroid. Now she is diagnosed with bulky uterus with myoma measuring 10x6.2x6.9 cms endometrium . She had frequest periods for over 15 days. is there a need to remove uterus. Can it be treated with medicines
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  318
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Since family is completed, it is best to do hysterectomy because fibroid is seen in women with high Oestrogen hormone. Women with high Oestrogen in their body can be at higher risk of Uterus cancer after menopause. If uterus is removed there is zero chance of this cancer. Also painful fibroid may not be completely cured by medicine and surgery is the ultimate cure. For safety and excellent relief, surgery is the best option.
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor