Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with acid reflux. Left ribs and breast painful. Taking omeprazole. What is this?

Hi I have been diagnosed with acid reflux and am on 10 mg omeprazole for that twice daily. The reason I am concerned is that my left rib seems to stick out under my breast and is quite painful. Any idea what this could be? I did mention this to my GP but he said it was nothing to worry about... so why does it continue to hurt?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The symptoms of painful sticking of your left rib under your breast could also be part of reflux of acid from your stomach into your esophagus.The drug your taking is right,only concern is dose.You have not mentioned your age,if you are adult dose can be increased from 10 mg to 20mg.Hopefully omperazole will take care of your reflux disorder.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor