Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with HSV2, have small sore on scalp, growing in size, has yellow crust. Could it be herpes on scalp?

I have recently been diagnosed with HSV2.. A few days after learning my diagnosis, I noticed a small sore on my scalp .. Not thinking I scratched it, and I thought it was just a patch of dandruff , which I sometimes get. After a few more days it grew to the size of a nickel.. And had a thick yellow crust on it, which I accidentally scraped off with my hair brush. Could this be herpes on my scalp?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  183
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi..admarshall.., HSV2 infection is seen in the genital region...,
The above lesion seen on the scalp may be some other lesion..
leave it alone, not o manipulate with fingers, this will lead to secondary infection...
continue with medications of HSV2..

Take care..
Answered: Sat, 22 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor