Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed teredium disease. Remedy?

hi my brother has a teridium disease this fast 3 mos.we noticed because of sligthly red on the rigthside and have a little something white ,he is 43 yrs, old ..what is the remidy?the chek up result said that he need to take a medicine for 1 yr.and after 1 year he needs to comeback for chek up,..
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  415
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
good day sir
i would like to answer your question in detail and want your satisfaction . First of all its Pterygium , not teredium . Pterygium usually doesn't require treatment if symptoms are mild. If a temporary worsening of the inflamed condition causes redness or irritation, it can be treated with

1. Lubricating eyedrops or ointments, such as Blink or Refresh drops
2. Occasional use of vasoconstrictor eyedrops, such as Naphcon A
3. Short course of steroid eyedrops, such as FML or Lotemax

The other remedy is surgery only in cases if that reddish membrane has started covering the cornea and interfering with vision . Other indication for surgery is cosmetic reasons .

if you have any other questions , i am here to answer you .

Best regards .
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor