Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed of Eplagastric Hernia, getting larger, discomfort, feels bloated. What should I do ?

I was diagnosed with Eplagastric Hernia around 2/3 years ago. I was advised by my GP to leave things alone as there was no risk to my health. The area where the hernia is located has got considerably larger and my appeaarance in terms of my waist size is not good and concerns me. I feel bloted and some discomfort after i have eaten which gives me cause for concern. Please advise what I should do?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
The only curative treatment in your case is to get your hernia repaired as early as possible by under going surgical operation and mesh repair.The reason being it is increasing in size and definately it will cause more problems as it goes on increasing in size.Till then you try to reduce your weight if you are on plus side and take small frequent meal to avoid post meal discomfort.And try to be ambulatory after taking food.
Answered: Thu, 5 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor