Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed as grade 2 fatty liver. High bilirubin level in blood. Suggest some precaution to be taken

Hi, I an 29 years male and weigh 87.5 kgs. I have been diagnosed with a Grade 2 Fatty Liver , while the liver is in the normal shape in the ultrasound . Also, my Bilirubin level (Indirect) is high to 2.1. However, other parameters are in the normal range. My alchohol intake has been once a week on average. Please advise some strict do s and dont s so that fatty liver can be reversed and also how much time does it take to reverse the liver to its normal self.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  602
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response
If you indirect bilirubin is high I wouldnt worry much. You might be having a benign condition called Gilbert's syndrome which can cause transient increase of indirect bilirubin with normal other liver function test. What is more concerning is the fatty liver. You need to do the following to prevent further worsening of the fatty liver

1. Loose weight
2. Stop alcohol
3. Does diabetes run in your family ? - if yes have your sugars checked.

Vitamin E has shown to reduce inflammation in a fatty liver however benefit is not conclusively proven. A good healthy alcohol free lifestyle would reverse the fatty liver in due time...
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor