Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Diabetic with gall bladder stones. Asked to watch out for abdominal pain. Is this the way to detect the gall stones?

My father,70 years old and a diabetic was suspected to have gallstones accdg to gallbladder ctscan which the doctor admits is not really accurate to detect gallstones... They told him to just observe if he will have abdominal pains then they will remove the stones by operation. Is there another way to detect gallstones? And other means to remove them without operation because as I mentioned ...he is a diabetic... Is laser an option?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Once there are stones in the gallbladder than there is only one option & that is Cholecystectomy ( surgical removal of gallbladder).
If your father is a diabetic patient than what is ?
Need not to worry as surgeon will perform operation without any difficulties.
Surgeon himself will decide what is the best method of surgery.
Assurance and confidence of patient is must in every operation so please counsel your father about that.
Good luck for successful surgery.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Thanks for posting your query.
A clinical examination and investigations are needed to confirm the diagnosis.likes CT Abdomen,LFT,S amylase PSA,CA 125,

Here are some general treatment measures which you can follow:

1) Provide complete rest and avoid overhead activities.
2) Apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.
I will suggest to you ,ist is age factor ,2nd is diabetes so lasser is not better option for can take of help good homeopath.who will be 100% help you.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Regards. Dr Neeraj Gupta Homeopath

Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor