Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, unprotected sex, withdrawal method used. Medication for abortion if pregnant?

hello doctor! my name is XXXXX.can u please advise me on what can to do because my menstruation is 4 days delayed. there could be several reasons for this delay but i want to rule out pregnancy.i don t want to get pregnant again because i had my pre-eclampsia for my 2 kids. we are using withdrawal method. are there any medicines that can be bought over the counter? i badly need your advise.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Eunice,

I understand your worry.

You can rule out pregnancy by doing a simple home urine pregnancy test. The kit is available over the counter.

I am sorry that you suffered pre-eclampsia before.

There are two options for contraception in you.

You can take a regular birth control pill like femilon but since you had pre-eclampsia before, you need to confirm with your doctor if you are the ideal candidate for it.

Another option is you can go in for Intra uterine contraceptive device (IUCD) like Copper T. It acts for a minimum of 3 years.

Some of the oral contraceptive pills are available over the counter.

Hope this helps you.

Answered: Wed, 20 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor