Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Delay in periods, not sexually active. Should I take vitamin C?

hi doctor, i m having delay in my periods. i m not sexually involved with any one, its been more than 2 years. but sometimes, i had my periods for 3-4 months regularly then again i delay. the delay last more than 20 days. i read from internet that vitamin C could help. i m taking limcee-500mg to bring my periods. please suggest me. how to bring my periods?
Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi Json,
Well i can guess you are a teen aged girl. Well delay in periods are caused by hormonal disturbances in your body in this age group that are common and i think you need not have to worry much. I would suggest you to have two important blood tests i.e-serum prolactin, TSH and a fasting plasma insulin if you are obese.
I would suggest to have weight reduction if you are obese and correct your above mentioned hormone levels if abnormal. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and there is no harm if you take it but i think there are not enough robust evidences that it helps in delayed periods like yours .
If every thing is normal , you can consult your gynecologist and take short duration combinations pills best suited to you. Wish you good luck. bye.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor