Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Dark skin tone. Use carofit ultra?

hi iam 21 yr old guy im black in colour,but my face is darker than body colour n also i was fair when i was small guy then gradually my skin started becoming darker.and also my brother n sister are very fair,and also i consulted with a doctor n he recomended carofit ultra but no effect now what i have to do please help me?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  1415
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for your query

Your problem is that of a dark skin color.

Treatment with lightening agents can help turn some extend.
For long term usage, something like kojic acid containing agents help.
Also you should use a sunscreen regularly before going out in the sun.

You can also see a dermatologist for the same as there are various other techniques like chemical peels available for the same.

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Johny Chacko's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic

Most of the people will acquire more pigmentation as age increases, we call it facultative pigmentation. Lot of factors determine it, most important being sunlight, others include dust, pollution, smoking, less hydration, intrinsic ageing and free radical damage, stress etc.

Treatments should be to bring your pigmented skin back to your normal skin tone and make the skin tone even all over the face.

I would recommend you to use a face wash twice a day ideally a one containing glycolic acid as it helps in exfoliation and to even out the skin tone.(eg : Melawash face wash)
The most important product will be a sunscreen. Half an hour before going out apply a sunscreen ( eg: Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry touch sunblock) and reapply it every three to four hours. You may apply a compact powder over the sunscreen so that there is a matte finish.
At night you may apply a lightening cream containing kojic acid ( eg: Kojivit gel) over the face before going to sleep.
You may consult a dermatologist practicing cosmetology for few sittings of chemical peels for faster improvement.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. You may ask me a direct query by clicking on this link.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor