• question-icon

Suggest treatment for sun tan

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My daughter was sun tanning for the last 3 days . She is fairly pale. She was in the heat for about 2 hours each day and put zero sunscreen and a ton of sun tanning lotion so she can get a quick XXXXXXX Well, that didn't work well at all. She went to work and then work sent her to urgent care thinking she had an allergic reaction so dr prescribed 6 prednisone last night and then again tonight of 5 and so on. I would like to send u a pic. Daughter said her leg went numb for a little and then tingling etc.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continure prednisolone for a week

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image.
I think she has got Sunburnt rather than an allergic reaction to suntan lotion. A suntan lotion does not have adequate SPF to protect skin from getting sunburnt.
I suggest her to continue prednisolone 40mg once daily for a week. The skin would desquamate as the sunburn heals in about a week or 10 days.
Topically she may use a soothing moisturizing lotion, twice daily.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist