• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe acne and skin discolouration

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Tanned Skin with Acne Spot

Kindly suggess any effective cream for skin lightening and spot removal within short period of time
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use kojic acid basd creams.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. You can use kojic acid , vitamin E and vitamin C based creams for application. Start initially on a small area as a few are allergic to this. This is a well tolerated and effective skin lightening cream. You can get this in brands like biolite , kc lite etc. Using kojic acid soap also is good.
Taking vitamin E and C supplements also is helpful. You can take 100mg vitamin C daily. Vitamin E you can take 200mg for 15 days to 1 month.
Avoid sun exposure. Using a cap is helpful. You can also apply sunscreen of 30 spf while going into sun to avoid sun tanning.
Take more plain water daily. Avoid excess sweets and junk foods.
You can use masks with natural ingredients like glycerine, honey , lemon etc weekly twice also. These all measures will be helpful to whiten the skin.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Dr. Nishad BN