Could severe bloating with painful periods be psychological?

I have a petite frame, I am 43 yo My pms and period I have the worst abd bloating ever, its a more painful period but the bleeding isn t different. I am a labor and delivery rn I want to know why I look 2i0 weeks pg and in misery. What is the physiological reason for this bloating?
Wed, 20 Nov 2019
Hi.

I've gone through your query. I can understand your anxiety.

Your symptoms may be due to the hormonal changes in the body as you are nearing your menopausal stage or due to few other causes.

I advice you to,
1. Take antispasmodics
2. Nutritious diet with proteins
3. Weight bearing exercises
4. Vitamin & calcium supplements.
5. Do USG, PAP smear & breast examination if the symptoms troubles much
6. Consult a gynaecologist for HRT (hormone replacement therapy) or for further assistance if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Get well soon.

Dr. Yogapriya V, General and family physician.