• question-icon

What causes reduced menstrual bleeding and mood swings before menstruation?

Posted on Thu, 7 Sep 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: HI I AM XXXXXXX AGE 32,FEMALE,I WAS REGULARLY HAVING PERIODS FOR EXACT 28 DAYS ,BLEEDING USUSALLY OCCURS FOR 5 DAYS IN TOTAL,BUT SINCE 3TO 4 MONTHS MY BLEEDING REDUCED FROM 5 TO 3 DAYS,AND I WAS GETTING IRRITATION AND EMOTIONNALLY DISTURBED FOR ONE WEEK BEFORE MY MENSTRUATION,SO I VISITED LOCAL GYNACOLOGIST,SHE SUGGESTED ME TO USE PREMENCE PLUS TABLETS FOR 10 DAYS BEFORE MY MENTRUAL DATE,LAST TIME MY MENSTRUATION STARTED ON 16TH JULY IN EVENING,NOW EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS COREECTLY AFTER 28 DAYS ,NOT ONCE I MISSED MY PERIOD DATE,NOW ITS 4TH DAY AFTER MY USUAL PERIOD DATE,WHY IS MY MENSTUATION DELAYED,IS IT A PROBLEM,I AM WORRIED,PLEASE ADVISE,MY GYNAEC ADVISED ME TO VISIT HER AFTER MY MENSTRUATION STARTS,BUT NOW ITS NOT STARTED,SHOULD I BE WORRIED,DUE TO THIS DELAY WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE HELP,WE WERE NOT TRYING FOR PREGNANCY,NOT MET SINCE 3 MONTHS,IS THIS DELAY CAUSED DUE TO THIS PREMENCE PLUS TABLET WHICH I HAVE TAKEN FOR 10 DAYS PLEASE ADVISE,I AM WORRIED

Brief Answer:
Both due to anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting health care magic
I understand your anxiety about the issue but this all is just anxiety related.
Just relax as it is common to have delayed periods once in a while (especially after premence plus) and the decrease in flow and mood changes before periods is premenstrual syndrome which will be fine after pregnancy most likely
Moreover premenstrual symptoms are indirectly signs of good hormone status of the body
I hope everything will be fine soon so just wait for your periods for another week

Thank you mam,
Will i get my period after one week, will i have any problem due to delayed period in future. will i miss period this time or it will occur after one week. Will my period get delayed next month also or will it become regular from next month. Should i take premence plus tablet 10 days before next period also to control my PMS or should i not take it at all. If my period does not start after one week also, what should i do? Please advise. And Please help me to reduce my stress and anxiety. Thank you

Thank you ma'am
I got my peroid just now on 17th august 9.30 pm . Now i want to try for pregnency,Please suggest on which days should we try to get pregnent. please advice thank you
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
There is nothing to be stressed about at all
Yes must likely you will get your periods by next week most likely and in case you don't get them then there are medicine which can induce periods easily
You should take premence as prescribed and in case there is a delay in next period as well then also nothing to worry about but keep a check on weight gain
But if really stressed then get an ultrasound done to decrease anxiety

Brief Answer:
Tips advised

Detailed Answer:
If you are keen for pregnancy then don't take premence plus and rather take folic acid tablets daily.
Try for pregnancy from 10th to 18th day of your periods.
It is always good to start planning for pregnancy early and also that planned things are always better
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN