Could pain in-between left upper abdomen and under ribcage be heart attack or pneumonia?

Hi myself arjun. I'm 23 yrs old. I recently had gone to gym. one day when i was coming back i felt a sever pain in between my left upper abdomen and under ribs cage. I consulted a doctor and he gave me some tablets ie, hifenac tablet i guess. At that time i was unable to turn left side to sleep because when i turn left it hurts n i couldnt breath calmly. The doctor said its a sprain and he said if the pain persists i have to take X-ray. Now the pain comes sometimes i'm afraid it could be a heart attack or pneumonia. What can it be?. Kindly answer me. waiting for ur reply. thank you
Tue, 10 Dec 2013