Continuous drinking caused high BP. Taking Metoprolol. When to stop medicine? Will tobacco chewing rise BP?

I just starting taking 25mg Metoprolol ER for high blood pressure 150/90. I have been drinking for last couple of years 4 drinks a day which probably caused the high blood pressure. I stopped drinking and i have been working out for past 5 days and blood pressure is now 110/72. I have 2 questions: 1. At the end of this first month can I stop taking the medicine 2. Will chewing tobacco cause it to rise again?
Thu, 5 Sep 2013