Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Cluster of small red blisters on chest, raised and itchy. Could this be some staph infection ?

Hi yesterday morning I noticed a 20 cent piece sized cluster of small red blisters on my chest. The circular patch looks red and raised and is itchy and a bit tingly/burny. I regularly get these. I have had them on the nape of my neck, my chest, my cheek, side of my face. I initially thought they were cold sores and I once had one swabbed for herpes simplex virus but it was negative. And given the location of the sores I think it unlikely. The blisters are confined to the small patch and do not spread at all. Could this just be from staph or strep bacteria? The tiny blisters have clear fluid.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  345
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello Aish
Welcome to healthcare Magic
Initially i thought of Herpes Zoster, but it will be restricted to only one side of your body and it would not happen frequently. It is unlikely to be herpes simplex also.
Are you in a habit of sleeping outdoors, or with the lights on and windows open? A blister beetle can cause such an eruption. Also a contact allergy to a perfume you use on your body ?
These are some of my best guesses.
A dermatology consultation will definitely help as seeing the rash is definitely more helpful for accurate diagnosis
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor