Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Chronic dehydration despite drinking water. Symptoms of diverticulosis? Muscle tear in the calf. Cure?

I seem to be chronically dehydrated despite drinking between 3-5 litres of water a day on average. The symptoms of this are diverticulosis, peeling skin on palms of hands and today i got a severe muscle "tear" in my left calf which seems more related to a DVT condition as it just happened when i overstepped going down some steps. My question is how do i get the water i drink to stay in my body and replenish the cells that urinating it out?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am sorry about this difficulties with chronic dehydration. I am so sorry to hear about this diverticulosis and the peeling skin on your palms.

Drinking too much water ay be a sign of diabetes insipidus or diabetes mellitus or something else. These illnesses cause you to drink so much water, urinate a lot and yet you still feel thirsty. One is caused by the inability of the kidneys to concentrate urine why another is caused by excess glucose in the kidneys that carries water along.
To differentiate between these two, we need to do a couple of test to tell what the real problem is. Test like urine urinalysis blood sugar, hormonal levels may through more light on this. Depending on the initial findings more tests can be done or other causes explored.

I hope this helps and provides useful guidance on how to approach this problem.if you have more questions, please let us hear from you.
I Hope you get to a permanent solution to this soon.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor