Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Chronic cough. Antibiotics provide no relief. X-ray normal. Treatment?

I have had a cough for over 20 years and it has been investigated by an ENT specialist in the XXXX. First of all I had an Xray , then a series of lotions and potions - no improvement. Then I had an endoscopic inspection followed some weeks later by a scan. The ENT guy told me there was nothing physically wrong and that it would be pointless performing any sort of operation. I thought I was learning to live with this, but sometimes get anxious that I m disturbing my husband. Recently moved to and my present GP isn t aware of this cough! I am phobic about any sort of procedure (despite having been a medical secretary for most of my working life), so I want to avoid another course of investigtion.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

you seem to be having dry irritant cough, usually caused by pharyngeal or airway allergies. recommended treatment is antihistaminic, antitussive syrup and plenty of fluids.
Answered: Wed, 26 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor