Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Cholesterol is normal but her triglycerides is high. should she concern with her diet control or some exercise ?

Hello, this is Tabassum am speaking on behalf of my mother Mrs. Rehana. My mother is little confused about her report results. Report suggest that her HDL cholesterol is 38mg/dl and LDL cholesterol is 154 mg/dl. When we took this report to our family doctor he said that her Cholesterol is normal but her triglycerides is high. I actually wanted to know what this triglycerides is ? and how it can be reduce ? should she concern with her diet control or some exercise? Please help us in this regard. let me give her brief health profile: Age:50 y Blood pressure: Max: 140-90 regards, Tabassum
Sat, 17 Sep 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.welcome.Your mother is having high LDL cholesterol and high triglycerides.Medical treatment involves giving statins like storvas for LDL cholesterol and fenofibrates like fenolip to her.Non medical treatment includes daily brisk walk for 45 minutes,avoid fatty and deep fried foods and abstaining from sugar.Good luck.
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, TG is type of cholesterol which produse harmful effect on body. if total cholesterol is normal but TG is high , then she should start cholesterol lowering drugs for redusing its leval . she should avoid fatty diet n sweets. start morning walk. take medicine as per your doc s advise.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor