Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Child with lumps on the head. Are these swollen nodes? Need to get checked?

My daughter fell and hit the back of her head on a table today, she now has 2 lumps on the back of her head. How long until they should go away as it happened this morning and they havent gotten smaller at all. Also could they be her nodes swollen, and if so should I take her to get checked? She hasn't shown any other symptoms from the fall.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Your child has developed hematoma at injury site due to rupture of small blood vessels.
It takes some time to resolve.
Apply cold compresses over it and if there is any pain give acetaminophen.
Watch for any lethargy/vomiting/bleeding from ear or nose and in case you find any get her evaluated by pediatrician.
Wishing your baby good health.
God bless...
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor