Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Child with headache, dizziness, overweight and bed wets. History of ALT(SGPT) was abnormal. Suggestion?

hello . my son s ALT ( SGPT ) results 4 years ago was abnormal . it was 38 u/l h . my son was 3 yrs old . recently he complained about headeachs and he gets dizzy if he doesn t eat, he gets tired very quickly, and he is a little overweight . and he wets the bed a lot .could this be a liver problem? should i be concerned? of course i will do a blood test soon. but please advise. thank you
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Results of one abnormal enzyme study (ALT [SGPT]) does not reflect any liver problem. Liver function is assessed in conjunction with other investigations like bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, SGOT and SGPT. Hence you should not worry about only one abnormal report and that too which was done 4 years back.

In view of your son being overweight, getting dizzy if he does not eat, and tiredness you should get him examined and investigated to rule out various conditions. In light of his bed wetting with the other complaints I would like to exclude diabetes mellitus as a cause.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.


Answered: Sun, 16 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor