Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from jaundice, no fever. Taking Liv 52, amlycure. Dietary precautions?

Hello Sir, My son is 13 years old and he had typhoid last week. He was hospitalised and discharged last week. Since 14-Jul-12, he was having symptom of jaundice . I am from Delhi. So, could you please kindly advise the best and affective medicine for Jaudince his bilirubin (toal) 5.81 direct 4.4 indirect 1.41 SGOT 463 SGPT 1431 & GGT 666. He is taking Liv52/Amlycure/etc., not having fever. Also needs to know which are the best food intake. Can he eat mangoes, etc. Thanks in advance. Dineshan KT, Delhi
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  224
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to hcm.
Jaundice is a condition where bilirubin levels are raised causing yellow discoloration of urine. According to report,most common cause of jaundice in children is hepaitits A. Here, a virus infects the liver causing jaundice. He is on ayurvedic medicines. The best treatment is symptomatic and no special drugs are necessary.
I advice you to avoid spicy,oily, fried foods. He should drink clean water. avoid Strenuous physical exertion. he can have fresh fruits so that he recovers faster. Strict control for 6 weeks is needed.
If needed,you can get antibodies checked and monitored to know he is recovering well.
All the best
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor