Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Child having something like a grain of rice stuck inside the penis with both ends visible. What could it be?

My 3-year-old son has something on the top of his penis shaft, just below the head (he is circumcized) that looks like a blackhead pimple . It looks like it could be squeezed or tweezed and it would come out. It also looks kind of like a splinter or a grain of rice stuck under the skin. It appears also that both ends of it are visible, like it went in through the skin. He says it doesn t hurt and he did not flinch when I touched it to see what it was, though he didn t want me messing with it. I noticed it a couple of days ago. Any advice?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  482
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
There is something called sebum which is an oily sectretion which is normally produced from skin glands of penis. Sometimes the sebum gets clogged after circumcision, and this is what I guess you might have seen. If it is indeed trapped sebum, it is not something to be worried about, and if you can see both the ends, try expressing it out very gently without any major discomfort to your boy and it comes out like toothpaste from a tube. On the other hand, if you have difficulty in bringing it out or if your child has pain or fever, a better option would be to let a surgeon or urologist manage it.
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor