Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Child having persistent slightly raised, red spot on the cheek, not sure on it being a insect bite. Suggestions?

my 21 month old has a red spot on his check the size of a dime. It started off small and I assumed it was a mosquito bite. But now it is dime size and has not gone away. It has been two weeks. It sometimes looks slightly raised. I brought him to the doctor and they told me to treat it like an insect bite with hydrocortizone. But, they said they weren t 100% convinced on it being an insect bite. Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  164
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi ,
thanks for your inquiry

it needs further probing into the history , is it since birth,
is it associated with fever, itching
is there any other spot like this on body
is it blanchable or not,

this can be just an innocent hemangioma
come up with these answers so that the quiry should be solved,

thanks get well soon
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor