What does this MRI report indicate?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in General Health
Question: I am curious about this MRI. I was told that it was normal with the exception of two hemangiomas on T5 and L2. My question is specifically in series 10, image 53. There is a lighter area in the vertebrae that looks like blood vessels. I was told this was a ghosting artifact. But I am curious. The images can be found here:
https://app.box.com/s/x2meh1pv1egy14x4vd7cowep3aon0982
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is most likely a small hemangioma.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to Healthcaremagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Most likely, you are referring to a round structure in left side of vertebra(series 10,image 53).
It is most likely a small hemangioma. It doesn't seem to be ghosting artefact(if you are referring to round structure in left side).
If you are referring to other structure,then please mention it.

Hemangioma is the most common benign lesion in vertebra.Generally it is not a matter of concern.

Get well soon.

Waiting for your confirmation of lesion.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 45 minutes later
I'll attach a pic of the area circled. It's really on the right side, but that might be the left side of the body? Can you see this on corresponding images? I was told I had hemangiomas in t5 and l2 - is this one of them?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may be same hemangioma seen in sagital sections.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to Healthcaremagic,

I have guessed right lesion.It is on left side of vertebra(in imaging side get reversed).

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad