Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Child have lumps on head as she hit herself. What can be cure for this?

my 12 year old daughter kept me awake untill 1oclock this morning by saying she was not tired, she eventually fell asleep, i woke her at 6.30 this morning for school,she said she wasnt going ,i asked her why and she said because i dont want to ,when i threatened to phone the school she started to scream and shout and punch herself in the head about 6 times so bad she had lumps on her head ,she has done this before and on one occasion blacked her eye,she also said she dosent care about anything and said she wanted to kill herself,what can i do ,
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi Janinewest,
Welcome to HCM Forum,
I can understand as a parent how u must be feeling after going through through history written by you.
There can be chances that
1)She might be having school phobia - where she might be afraid of going to school,might have anxiety after going to school - so there is avoidance behavior.If forced to go to school she might become aggressive.( this possibility can be there if such behavior is persistent only related to going to school)
2) Another possibility that of personality problem (can only labelled after a8 yr age completion) which can be manifested by stubborn,threatening,attention seeking behavior,demanding,head banging behavior.( happening not only for time of going to school but also other time. )

Both kind of problem can be treated by medication and child-parent psychotherapy.This will help to improve her academic performance and if personality problem then improve as person being- build her life in positive manner.

So first take her toward general practitioner for Lump on head treatment.Then take her to nearest good psychiatrist who can asses in person and definitely help to resolve this problem.

Hope it helps.
Best regards.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor