Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Child has stomach ache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore hip bone. Appendicitis?

Hi, my son is 5yrs old and had complaining the whole day of stomache ache. He has been throwing up and has diarrhea (smells like fish). He can t keep anything down, not medication not even water, he throws it up immediately. He says his stomache is sore and just now said that his right hip bone is sore I m worried that it might be appendicitis?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  281
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
As per your complaints it seems Acute Gut Infection/Acute Gastroenteritis.
Red flag signs in AGE are
1.Decrease activity
2.Recurrent vomiting
3.Decrease urine output
4.High grade fever
The cause of stomache in you child might be Colicky or Acute Abdomen.As per symptoms
you have described you should consult with your pediatrician urgently.
Some basic investigations like complete blood picture,serum electrolytes, renal function
tests and USG abdomen should be performed.
Wishing good health for your child.

Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Kaushik K Murthy's  Response
ya lookin at the symptoms it may be appendicitis or colitis.any how requires a pediatrician to examine and determine for a fruitful outcome.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor