Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Child has small lump under ear lobes, sometimes visible, similar eruptions along the same line. Advice?

Hello Doctor, My son(4 years) have a small lump under his year lobeson the top part of the neck ..This lump was sometimes becoming very visible and sometime subsides.Recently I can see a couple of more in the same line.. He is perfectly ok other than occasional cold/cough/running nose isses..this has been going on for about 2 months.. the mup is in notice for more than few years..Do you have any advice on this? Thanks in advance. Avinash
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your query
Your 4 years child is having swelling on the superior part of neck,just below the ear lobe from last 2 months

This swelling which your son is having is called as cervical lymphadenopathy that is enlargement of cervical lyph nodes.These lymph nodes are normally present there and get enlarge in infection of pharynx (throat) and ear.cervical lymhadenopathy is usually present in this age group
.consultation with physician is encourged to determine the cause of cervical lymphadenopathy .He needs antibiotic therapy for 1 week.If lymhadenopathy doesn't regress with antibiotic,He may need FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of the lymph node to know the etiology of swelling .Hope I answered your question.
Answered: Mon, 5 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor