Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Child has increased TSH level after being born. Worried

hi ... my baby boy was on on feb 07. my wife s date was on feb19 but he was having different value of BP in both hands. so the doctor told us to be admitted and the delivery was normal. the baby is fine but the baby s tsh value was 26 so they advised us to do another blood test after 2 weeks so today we did another test and now the tshh is 64 and now the baby is 21 days old.. i am really worried about this . so pls kindly reply me and advise me if i have to take any treatment... thanks.... s s
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
you only wrote TSH value which is definitely high .
We have to do T3 T4 Alison,do ultrasound neck and start him on regular treatment As Soon As possible.
Go to a good endorinologist or pediatrician and start treatment.
Low thyroid affects brain growth and hence the hurry!Good luck
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor