Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Child has Von Willibrand disease. Have leg pain. Taking depo shots to control periods. Any nutrilite supplements?

My daughter, age 15, was diagnosed last year with Von willibrand disease. This would found after taking her to the dr for her severe leg pain when after running or athletic activity her upper leg muscles would contract and was in alot of pain. after numerous blood tests they found she was very low on iron which is robbing the oxygen from her her blood and muscles. She doesnt like taking iron because they make her so constipated.We are seeing her gynocoligist on a regular basis as they are giving her depot shots every 3 months since birth control pills did not slow down or control her monthly menstral cycle and they check her iron level regularly. She is still having leg pain when running, (she plays softball) is there any nutrilite supplements you would recommend to increase her energy and iron level, etc.?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
My advise is to go for iron tablets in therapeutic doses as it will correct the iron deficiency promptly.
Supplements may add iron but wont correct the deficiency.
Your daughter can take green leafy vegetables, meat and liver, jaggery and ragi as they contain iron.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor