Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Child had head injury, bump on eyelid. Applied ice. Can open eye only halfway. Should I go to ER?

Hi my daughter was playing with her uncle and as she was walking to him she tripped and fell right into his wooden bed frame. She has a large goose egg bump her eyelid to her eyebrow. She interacted with me as I was putting ice on it and she is now asleep. What I m worried about is she could only open that eye half way due to the size of bump, so I couldn t Tell if her eyes were uneven. Should I take her into ER for further examinations? She is 11 months by the way.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response

Its better to have her examined by a doctor to rule out any underlying injury to the eyes.
For pain just acetaminophen will do in dose of 15mg/kg/dose, repeated every 6 hours for a day or two.
Till then you can continue with cold compresses.

Wish your daughter a speedy recovery.
Answered: Sat, 17 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor