Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Child cannot talk. Diagnosed with global development delay. Any medical supplements?

my daughter is already 8 yrs old and still cannot talk. she was diagnosed with global development delay. shestartedwalking by age 3 and needed physical therapy to hel her sit and walk.. she still cant control her saliva and drools and can only say mama, nana and lala..she can understand and comprehend anything you tell her but she compensates by always laughing or acting out or tantrums since she cannot communicate.. i am wondering on how i can help her talk and if there are supplements needed medically to help her. we are from the philippines and financially incapable to bring her to another country or to high class hospitals but I am willing to do everything i can to help her.. pls help me.

Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi Kumustaka,
sorry to state that there are no medical supplements.
check whether hearing is OK.
All over the world the treatment is same- physio therapy ,speech therapy and occupationl therapy.
Do not get upset that you are unable to take her abroad.
God bless
Dr Uma
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Samik Basu's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I deeply empathize with you and can understand your concern.
These are all problems of global developmental delay with mental retardation.
The basic functioning of the body is impaired due to inadequate brain development.
There are no medications for this problem. Recently pirecetam syrup may act better than placebo.
Other than that physiotherapy, neurostimulation exercises and speech therapy are the only means to rehabilitate your child. Consult online support groups and specialised centres in your country for help.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor