Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Chest pain on taking fluids, dehydration on not drinking. How can I get overcome this?

Hello, I have a pain in my upper right chest after I drink any liquids, its really sharp and last for a good 10-25 secs then it goes away. It only happens when I am drinking water, soda , etc... never when I eat anything. However, I have noticed that when I took a hot shower last night, and drank something, I didn t have that pain, but as soon as I woke up and drank some water this morning, the same thing happened again. I feel like im dehydrating if i dont drink something, but i dont want to feel the pain when I do... Could you please help me
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  266
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. As your description suggests it appears to be oesophagitis.
due to gerd. When you take some drinks oesophagus constricts and pain results due to
vagus nerve stimulation. I advise you to consult a gastroenterologist for diagnosis and
treatment. You may have to go for tests oesophagoscopy and scaning along with other
tests for confermation. Besides i advise some diet recomendations as Take more of
curd and bland foods. avoid taking spices chillies oily foods and junk foods. if you are
using bleeched water try to avoid it by drinking boiled water. I hope you are satisfied
with my reply. thank you.
Answered: Mon, 16 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor