Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Can you give me details about the treatment of piles ?

hai my dad is suffering from piles , his age is 50. since he is suffering from it from 6 years. he is an driver. we he cannot sit more than 3 hours in driving seat. he feels pain near external part of anus and feels some piching on it. can u give me brief details about treatment and cure of it.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Piles is also called hemorrhoids.The severity of it depends on the kind of treatment to be given.Mild cases can be managed by sietz bath,laxatives,painkillers.But those which cause much pain may require surgery.You should have him examined by a surgeon regarding the severity.Meanwhile try using lignocaine jelly on the rectum.Painkillers and seitz bath should help with pain and swelling.If he has constipation,use a laxative at bedtime.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor