Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Can i have sex after a stich to prevent miscarriage ?

i am a lady aged 27yrs. i had miscarriages twice, now i want to try for the third time and have been told that i should go for a stich after the pregenancy to avoid miscarriage again.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  166
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Since you had a miscarriage twice already, most likely you have been diagnosed with a cervical incompetence. In this condition, once you conceive, a stitch is put around the cervix to avoid its opening up causing expulsion of the fetus. Once your pregnancy is confirmed by urine test, you must meet your gynecologist for further treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 20 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
You should book an appointment with your gp. I'm sure you can still have sex once you get the stitch as they say sex is the best at to get baby moving when at full term.
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor