Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Can i consume alcohol with an abnormal GGT ?

hi i am 44 years old 10 10 hight and 11 stone4 and healthy.i have had 2 lft tests done recently the first one showed abnormal with my ggt at 900 due to drinking spirits and beer over 10 years ever day.after my first test i reduced my alchol to one can of beer per week mixed with lemonade and 6 weeks later took another lft test and everthing came back ggt was 49.does this mean my liver has healed?and is it safe to consume a can of beer mixed with lemonade one night per week.?i am strong minded and wouldnt want to go back to every day drinking,but would look forward to that one can per week if it wouldnt do me harm.thanks for your time kind regards stephen..
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  497
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Try to minimize your intake of spirits. Drink lots of water and enjoy your food. Liver damage, some times can be permanent one. Take some hepatoprotective drugs.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Stephen,
Welcome to healthcare magic.
you are infact strong minded.
Drinking alchohol has effect on other vital organs also .So, I willnot recommend you to take that,if you can quit.
Wish u good health.
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor