Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Can fetus develop diabetes from father diagnosed with type II diabetes ?

Hi,I am 7 weeks pregnant .My LMP was 28th May2011.I have a 1.4 yr girl baby.And in the month of June my husband is diagnosed as type-II diabetic.So,I am now confused whether the fetus will develop diabetes .And now I am thinking to go for an abortion . Pls help me in taking some decision. Thanks a lot.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Please do not think of abortion.Diabetes does not spread like that.It is a disease decided by genetics.However it is a disease that occurs in late 30 s and 40 s. Your fetus is not diabetic.Depending on the food habits and lifestyle , he may become diabetic at his 40 s or 50s.He can be very healthy without any disease.Lets hope for it.
Please do not think of abortion.

Take care

Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor