Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Can any online doctor suggest me the treatment for curved spinal cord ?

Hello doctor , my mother is 68 years old with about 75 kg wt. she is also a heart patient. last week during night suddenly she felt a pain in her feet which was moving in upward directiion of the body. there was headace, light pain in both arms. doctor advised for X-ray which states- Osteophyte are seen from C5 to C7 vertebral bodies with reduced IV disc spaced between C5-C6 vertebral bodies. Rest of the visualized vertebral are normal. spinal curve apper normal Pl advice for further treatment.... thanks
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Jaswant thanks for query.At her age this changes are expected.In case of pain for time being she can have analgesic for shorter period of time.After that as per advise of your doctor she needs to some exercise which can strengthen her muscles and help to get rid of pain.
wishing her good health.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Jaswant
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Your mother is suffering from Cervical spondylitis. She should take pain killers if she has severe pain.
Physiotherapy helps in relieving the symptoms very efficiently.
I advise you to visit your Physiotherapist and get to know the proper exercises for her condition depending on the severity of symptoms.
Hope I answered your question.If you need more information feel free to mail me.
Take care
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor