Can amoxicillin treat fever, fatigue, nausea and sore throat?

My seventeen year old daughter recently became ill in late March. Her symptoms started with a sore throat and fever, within a day or two the fever diminished but congestion arose. She is experiencing severe fatigue, constant cough, soreness in the chest, low energy and overall not feeling well, During the course of the last three weeks, we have been to the doctor on three separate visits, and the following course of actions have occurred- prescribed amoxicillin, steroid (prednisone), inhalant, and now Bacterim, chest x-rays, and blood work. To date no one treatment method or a combination there of has, helped. We have been told the chest x-ray(s) and her lungs were clear (pneumonia or other signs of serious lung conditions have been ruled out) the doctor ordered what she called a (burst of steroids) five days but by yesterday Sunday (still no energy, coughing, tightness in the chest) off to the ER we headed the only surprise was an elevated WBC- (returned at 17,000). Please suggest how best to proceed; should the doctor look to track the Blood count over the next few weeks to establish a baseline? Should this be his/her suggestion (the physician) or should I request this be done. I have been satisfied for a number of years with our pediatrician but I do not understand why blood work was not completed earlier when symptoms continued to persist. I am frightened that it is something more serious than an odd occurrence or the newest suggestion of her having whooping Cough. What recommendation would you suggest? Please help Note: I have MS, and a family history that is well documented of multiple autoimmune diseases (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and sarcadous, in our immediate family. I am always fearful that it could be something along these lines but I always feel that it is something highly dismissed, based on her age.
Thu, 14 Aug 2014