Can a lot of stress cause a stroke?

Also does age contribute to a stroke as well as sodium intake?
Tue, 28 Jun 2011
1.there is a link to stress in those cases where the stroke is caused by atherosclerosis or to blood clots that have developed locally in the smaller vessels of the brain
2.When someone get extremely upset adrenalin is released-->rise in B.P.--->hemorhagic or infarct
shalini's  Response
Stress can cause high blood pressure. High blood pressure puts a lot of stress on the arteries and can cause hemorrhaging which can lead to a stroke. Sodium retains water and the more fluid you have the higher your BP is because it only has so much space to move within your arteries, more volume equals more pressure. As you age your vessels can get weaker making them more susceptible to hemorrhaging.