Owl Image

Can I eat tulsi leaves for infertility problem ?

Does consumption of Tulsi leaves lead to fertility problems?
Sun, 8 Jan 2012
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

There are not many studies to prove that Tulsi leaves consumption causes infertility.Moreover in Ayurveda , Tulsi leaves consumption is said to decrease problems of infertility.

Tulsi is a sacred plant for Hindus and it is worshipped by indian married ladies for the same in every house.
No,it doesnot lead to infact help in infertility problems also besides many benefits of phytonutrients in it.
Just plant one in your home ,its refreshing smell and presence will answer your queries.
Wish u good health
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi!
thanks for choosing healthcaremagic.com.Tulsi/Holy Basil has been consumed since time immemorial in India.Lot of benefits are attributed to it like reducing severity of coughs and colds,boosting immunity via anti-oxidant effects,antistress etc.Several studies done on rats have shown antifertility effects.
Please see this article for reference.http://www.ijpp.com/vol49_2/125-131.pdf